Foreign interference poses one of the greatest strategic threats to Canada's national security.
Services and information
As an advanced economy and open democracy, Canada is a target of foreign interference.
The Government of Canada is engaging a diverse range of stakeholders and the public on foreign interference-related legislative initiatives.
Learn how to recognize foreign interference and how to protect yourself.
Learn more about protecting your knowledge and innovations.
Resources to help Canadians.
Foreign Interference - News Releases
Government of Canada launches consultation on legislative amendments to counter foreign interference in Canada
November 24, 2023
Five Country Ministerial Communiqué
June 28, 2023
Government of Canada launches public consultations on a Foreign Influence Transparency Registry in Canada
March 10, 2023
Foreign Interference - Publications and Reports
- What We Heard Report: Consulting Canadians on the merits of a Foreign Influence Transparency Registry
- Enhancing measures to counter foreign interference: Whether to amend the Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act
- Enhancing Foreign Influence Transparency: Exploring Measures to Strengthen Canada’s Approach
- Research Security Information Update – July 2022
- National Cyber Security Strategy 2019-2024: Report on the Mid-term Review
- Date modified: