The Security Infrastructure Program (SIP)
The SIP 2023 Call for Applications is now closed and is no longer accepting applications. To stay informed about future Call for Applications and Information Sessions consider subscribing to our mailing list. In the unfortunate event that your facility experiences a severe hate-motivated incident, you may qualify for funding via the SHMIS stream, which remains accessible throughout the year.
Public Safety Canada is responsible for implementing the National Crime Prevention Strategy (NCPS). Our work provides national leadership on effective and cost-effective ways to prevent and reduce crime by intervening on the risk factors before crime happens. Our approach is to promote the implementation of effective crime prevention practices.
We work closely with partners and stakeholders in the provinces and territories to develop and implement results-driven programs that target specific crime issues in regions and communities across Canada. We provide tools, knowledge and support to undertake crime prevention initiatives in communities large and small across Canada.
Crime Prevention Inventory
The Crime Prevention Inventory (CPI), developed in collaboration with provinces and territories, is a searchable database of crime prevention programs in Canada. The CPI supports the National Action Plan on Crime Prevention, a commitment made by Federal, Provincial and Territorial Ministers responsible for Justice and Public Safety to develop the knowledge base of effective crime prevention approaches in Canada.
The CPI allows users to search for programs based on keywords or a combination of several filters such as:
- The topic addressed by the program (e.g., aggressive/violent behaviours, alcohol and/or drug abuse, bullying/cyberbullying);
- The characteristics of the participants or populations served by the program;
- Program setting; and
- Program evaluation results, where available.
For more information
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish, you can also register to the CSCCB mailing list to receive updates.
Crime Prevention News Releases
The governments of Canada and Nova Scotia announce appointment of members of the Progress Monitoring Committee
September 1, 2023
Terms of Reference for Mass Casualty Commission’s Progress Monitoring Committee Released
July 31, 2023
Government investing in projects to keep young people in PEI safe online
July 19, 2023
- More Crime Prevention News Releases
Crime Prevention Publications and Reports
- Final Report | Mass Casualty Commission
- Examining Key Populations in the Context of Implementing Cyberbullying Prevention and Intervention Initiatives – Literature Review on 2SLGBTQ+, Girls and Ethno-racially Diverse
- Research Summary: Examining Key Populations in the Context of Implementing Cyberbullying Prevention and Intervention Initiatives – Literature Review on 2SLGBTQ+, Girls and Ethno-racially Diverse
- Examining Key Populations in the Context of Implementing Cyberbullying Prevention and Intervention Initiatives – The Role of the Family
- Research Summary: Examining Key Populations in the Context of Implementing Cyberbullying Prevention and Intervention Initiatives – The Role of the Family
- More Crime Prevention Publications and Reports
- Date modified: