National Crime Prevention Strategy
The NCPS call for applications is now closed.
The deadline to submit an application was July 31st at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST).
The SIP call for applications is now closed.
The deadline to submit an application was January 31st at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST).
The National Crime Prevention Strategy (NCPS) is an integral part of the Government of Canada's continued efforts to tackle crime in order to build stronger, healthier communities.
The NCPS is the policy framework for the implementation of crime prevention interventions in Canada, by providing funding to strategically selected projects that contribute to preventing and reducing crime in Canada and to increasing knowledge about what works in crime prevention.
For more information
Register for the NCPS mailing list to receive updates on the NCPS, including notification on funding opportunities.
Visit the Crime Prevention Funding Programs page
Crime Prevention News Releases
Reducing violent crime: a dialogue on handguns and assault-style firearms report released
April 11, 2019
Statement by Ministers Goodale and Lametti on the Government Response to Human Trafficking Report
April 10, 2019
Government of Canada announces funding for Okanagan Indian Band crime prevention project
March 14, 2019
- More Crime Prevention News Releases
Crime Prevention Publications and Reports
- The Canada Centre for Community Engagement and Prevention of Violence - What we heard
- 2017-2018 Evaluation of the National Crime Prevention Strategy
- Summary of the 2017-18 Evaluation of the National Crime Prevention Strategy
- National Consultations Discussion Paper: The Way Forward to End Human Trafficking
- Sustainability Study: National Crime Prevention Strategy Programs
- More Crime Prevention Publications and Reports
- Date modified: