ARCHIVE - Discussion questions for the National Disaster Mitigation Strategy
Information identified as archived is provided for reference, research or record-keeping purposes. It is not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards and has not been altered or updated since it was archived. Please contact us to request a format other than those available.
These questions were used during national consultations to stimulate discussion on the National Disaster Mitigation Strategy.
- What elements should be included in a National Disaster Mitigation Strategy?
- What policy considerations are relevant to developing a National Disaster Mitigation Strategy?
Guiding principles and criteria
- What do you think should be the guiding principles of a National Disaster Mitigation Strategy?
- What criteria should be used to evaluate respective disaster mitigation proposals?
Funding disaster mitigation
- How should disaster mitigation initiatives be funded?
- What would be a reasonable federal/provincial/territorial cost-sharing arrangement?
- What cost-shared initiatives would be most appropriate or effective?
- What should be the private and other stakeholders' contribution?
Implementing disaster mitigation
- How should the National Disaster Mitigation Strategy be implemented to ensure that vulnerability to various kinds of disasters is addressed in a systematic and manageable manner?
- What other options for implementation would you propose?
Governance and accountability
- What role would you see for the National Disaster Mitigation Strategy Federal-Provincial- Territorial Advisory Group?
- Is there another mechanism you would propose for federal/provincial/territorial coordination?
- Which option makes the most sense to you?
- Are there other options that should be considered?
- How should local/municipal level participation be included in the National Disaster Mitigation Strategy?
- What are appropriate roles for each of the stakeholders in disaster mitigation?
- Are there other stakeholders that should be included?
- Date modified: